Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I am beginning to see the beginning...

Danni in all her glory.
The first of many feathers.
 For the past few weeks, I've been on a journey to learn more about my new playmate.  Danni (my Gammill) and I have been testing each other and finding that we suit each other.  The free-arm work is becoming smoother and now I'm working on the Creative Studio software to see what I'm capable of doing.

Finally, last Thursday, I took out one of my U(n) F(inished) O(bjects) that had been languishing for the past 7 (yes SEVEN) years and put it on the table.  With a deep breath I started stitching.
A western theme is developing here!

I had an idea of what I wanted, I'd originally started quilting this piece by hand, but then it sort of grew into something bigger.  I really got into the groove of the thing!  I can see where this is going to be VERY addictive.

I had to 'unstitch' a few times but nothing that was too extreme   My dearly beloved got me a wonderful seam ripper for Christmas which has been a very valuable addition to my belt.

Add a lizard to the middle!
 I find myself thinking of what I'd like to do in the strangest moments.  When I wake up in the morning, staring at the ceiling in the middle of the night...you get the picture, I'm sure!  Nothing at all obsessive or compulsive about it. (she laughs at herself here) I can already see ways of improving my 'trip' through the process.

I've got a ton of UFOs in the bins in the next room.  This could be a beautiful thing!

Lady's just happy to be inside out of the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.