Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Flannel Carpenter's Star - Finished!

I just finished my largest quilt yet, measuring a finished 102 inches x 104 inches.   It is double batted with Hobbs Heirloom Premium Wool and a layer of Legacy Bamboo Blend Batting on the back.  The whole thing is flannel.  She's pretty heavy!  I expect it will be warm during cold winter nights.

And now for the binding.!  
I designed the quilt using Electric Quilt 7.  It's a simple pattern that shows off the quilting well and went together quickly.  The backing is a lovely tone-on-tone in grey, which I used in one of the borders then feathered around it to frame the inside medallion.  

I used Glide Cool Grey on both front and back.  Glide has become my 'Go To' for most of my quilting.  It's strong and doesn't cause a lot of dust or breakage during the stitch-out.  992,861 stitches in this baby and not one break! The quilt was finished using my Statler by Gammill combined with some ruler work.  The designs (and - of course - my inspiration) came from Bill Hibbett and Karen McTavish  (both from Legacy Quilting) and Christy Dillon from MyCreativeStitches.com.  I also used a Digitech Patterns from the Heart of my Heart collection in each of the corners, pulling together the outside borders.  
Reverse to show the detail.
I was pleased to get a bit of attention for this little project.  Thanks to Michelle and Andrew Weaver of Andrew's Sew and Vac in Wenatchee Washington for keeping my machine purring.  You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.