Saturday, July 6, 2013

June Challenges and Changes


June was an interesting month...First of the month found me attending Northwest International Statler Conference, at Andrews Gammill Northwest, in Wenatchee, Washington.  Special guest teachers included Susan Smith and Sharon Perry.  Also, an unexpected treat were Paul Stattler and his lovely wife and right-hand partner, Mildred.

Paul Statler, creator of the Statler Stitcher program
 explaining details of the program.

We had 4 fabulous days of work and fellowship - my head was completely FULL by the time I was driving back home on Friday.  Paul and Mildred could not have been more inspirational.

Susan Smith (of www.pinecreekquilting.com)
 speaking with a student.
The drive back through Washington State, Idaho then Montana was glorious!  The only thing that could have made it better was the companionship of my dearly beloved.  Oh well, someone has to keep the home fires burning.

It as really great to get home.  Then the weeding started!  Oh My Goodness! They were taking over the garden.  And it started raining!  Then hot weather - perfect for good weed growth!  I did work in the studio though and with the Stand Alone Module to keep the things I had learned in Washington fresh.
Sharon Perry (www.houseofcreations.biz)
taught point to point.

I met a lovely lady who has a quilt shop in Big Valley Alberta.  She had a job for me that she couldn't get done by her regular long-arm quilter...a previously sandwiched and basted queen sized quilt.  I loved the quilt and happily took it home to do an edge to edge for her in a charming maple leaf pattern in a king tut variegated thread.

She seemed very pleased with the end result.

The end of the month found me down with a bad cold and cough.  It still hangs on!  I hope to get back to it as I have a really lovely piece on the frame right now that is beckoning.  The piece is by M Miller of Pennsylvania.  I will be doing a custom job on this one.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment.