Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In The Beginning...

Well, not to get Biblical on you all, but it's time for me to get serious about my communication!  I'm beginning   a new adventure in my quilting career and becoming professional.

Last October I traveled to Portland for the Machine Quilting Expo and test drove all the machines on display.  I chose my new machine (a Gammill) and placed my order.  Oh my!  A little lighter in the pocket book and with high hopes I traveled the long road back to my home in Alberta.

Workshop in progress - September 2012
Meanwhile, back on the ranch, my hubby, Bri, was working on our new Garage/work shop in an effort to get everything buttoned up before snowfall.

To date, we've got everything done except the interior finishing.  Our contractor is busy working on finishing the drywall so we can paint and put flooring in.  It's been a long slog but the shop's looking wonderful and even tho it's cold and snowy outside, remains very cozy with our gas heating.

I am to get delivery of my long-arm machine on January 19th.  I've promised an apple pie to Donita and her husband when they deliver from Montana.  They're the owners of Lakeside Quilt Co. the Gammill dealer for our area.

In the meantime, I work on preparing for the start of business.  Thus, the blog.  Gotta start somewhere, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.