Thursday, January 12, 2017

Holidaze are over - On to Bigger and Better Things!

Finally, the holidays are over.  This year proved to be a challenge for both the Big Guy and me.  We both were down sick with this terrible Flu/Cold/Bronchitis thingy that's been spreading out over the prairies.  It's been over 3 weeks and I'm just getting my energy back!  
I'm getting back to my long-arm machine and puttering (trying to save my strength).  I thought about going to 'Stitch' today - how I miss my girlfriends! - but alas, still feeling a bit 'funk'.  *sigh*

That being said, I got a big shot of inspiration today from an article on an artist in England named Humayra Bint Altaf.  She's a photographer, industry trained fashion designer, embroiderer and general artsy person.  Check out the bit about her in  Sisters Magazine and also on her Facebook page at The Old Sewing Room.   Check out her bugs!  Her birds!   

I find myself inspired about detail work again.  Thank you Humayra, for that.  Just when I thought my creative juices had all but dried up!

I think illness can do that to us.  The point is to draw up our courage and muddle on to health again.  Then, when you least expect it, all is well!

“Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that – one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery” – Oliver Wendell Holmes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.